The comprehensive research employed in The Future of Global Packaging to 2022, shows that packaging demand will grow steadily at 2.9% to reach $980 billion in 2022.
- In 2017 the total value of the packaging globally will be $851 billion according to the latest exclusive study from Smithers Pira.
- This new report gives an unparalleled level of detail on current and future demand for packaging across the world, tracking and quantifying key converter, brand and consumer trends.
- Definitive data and projections are given for 17 major and 33 minor national markets, and all regions worldwide, to deliver the most complete picture of the contemporary and evolving commercial landscape for the packaging industry.
Our exclusive content:
- Market forecasts by value for all formats of packaging worldwide for 2012-2022
- Comprehensive segmentation by material type, end-use segment, and geographic region
- An in-depth analysis and rankings for future packaging growth in over 50 key national markets globally, and over 250 data tables and charts.
What methodology is used ?
The market data and analysis in this report is derived from Smithers Pira’s extensive primary and secondary research programme spanning all stages of the global value chain for all key packaging material types.
Smithers own data on production and consumption of various packaging formats has been cross-verified with production data and trends in key end-use markets, and statistics from various government and industry association websites to produce a definitive overview of the world market.
This is supported by an extensive literature analysis of published statistics from trade associations, annual reports from major companies active in this sector, the evolving regulatory landscape, conference proceedings and press releases.
What will you discover?
- The current and future demand for packaging in 17 major and 33 minor national markets globally across 2017-2022
- How technical and business evolution is driving expansion within packaging and how these influences will develop within a global dimension
- How and when the industry will respond to key pressures, such as tighter sustainability targets and raw material prices, and the commercial implications.
Who should buy this report?
- Converters and suppliers of global packaging
- Raw material producers
- Brands and end-users of packaging
- Packaging machinery manufacturers
- Packaging industry consultants and analysts.