SGIA Creates First-ever Convergence Council
Fairfax, VA, USA : In an unprecedented move, the Specialty Graphic Imaging Association (SGIA) has created a Suppliers and Manufacturers Council (SMC), an elite group of industry leaders who will advise the association on issues and concerns related to the future success of their companies, their customers and, more importantly, the printing industry.
“The SMC will reflect the ever-changing diversity of the industry and provide an important voice from the supplier community,” said Ford Bowers, President & CEO, SGIA. “It’s strategically important for keeping with SGIA’s larger, community-based approach.”
The SMC also gives supplier and manufacturer members an opportunity for peer-to-peer interaction and advice in selected areas including event participation, access to customers and new markets, industry research, legislative affairs and advocacy, training programs and talent acquisition.
“We’re relying on the SMC for their industry experience and knowledge as well as their desire to play a pivotal role in helping shape the future direction of the industry and our association,” said Bowers.
“This council gives SGIA a unique opportunity to look at how these rapidly converging markets of applications and technologies are impacting the industry and where an increasing number of customers are now looking for us to help them enter new market segments. The SMC represents our first and best opportunity to really leverage this association and the PRINTING United partnership between SGIA and NAPCO Media to help define the future,” said newly appointed SMC Chairman Andrew Oransky, President, Roland DGA Corporation.
The SMC is designed to represent the convergence taking place in the printing industry. Members include executives from segments including commercial print/publications, in-plant printers, package printing, wide-format and graphics, garment decoration and functional printing:
- Andrew Oransky (SMC Chairman), President of Roland DGA Corporation
- Danny Sweem, CEO of The M&R Companies
- Kimberly Daugherty, President of Advanced Color Solutions
- Carleen Gray, CEO at Stahls’
- Heather Poulin, Director of Strategic Planning & Business Development at Ricoh USA
- Ken VanHorn, Vice President of Marketing and Operations at Mimaki
- Chris Raney, President of Baumer HHS
- Ken Ingram, President of Screen Americas
- Frank Tückmantel, Vice President of Corporate Marketing at EFI
- Michael LaBella, Commercial Director of Inks & Industrial Colors at Sensient
- Larry Moore, Vice President of North Amercian Partner Programs at Esko
- Michael Abergel, Executive Vice President and Managing Director at MGI
- Scott Fisher, President of Fisher Textiles
- Eric Tischer, President of Verseidag
- Kay Fernandez, Senior Vice President of Marketing at Konica Minolta
- Michael Sanders, Director of Printable Textiles & Finishing Technology at Top Value Fabrics
- Jacki Hudmon, Senior Vice President of New Business Development at Komori
- David Wilkins, Vice President of Sales and Marketing at Xeikon