‘India Semiconductor Mission (ISM)’ Starts Functioning
23 December 2022: India Semiconductor Mission (ISM) has been setup as an Independent Business Division within Digital India Corporation. ISM has all the administrative and financial powers and is tasked with the responsibility of catalysing the India Semiconductor ecosystem in manufacturing, packaging and design. ISM has an advisory board consisting of some of the leading global experts in the field of semiconductors. ISM is serving as the nodal agency for efficient, coherent and smooth implementation of the programme for development of semiconductor and manufacturing ecosystem in India.
Objectives of ISM:
– Formulate a comprehensive long-term strategy for developing sustainable semiconductors and display mfgr. facilities and semiconductor design eco-system in the country
– Facilitate the adoption of secure microelectronics and developing trusted semiconductor supply chain, including raw materials, specialty chemicals, gases, etc.
– Enable a multi-fold growth of Indian semiconductor design industry by providing requisite support in the form of Electronic Design Automation (EDA) tools, foundry services, etc.
– Promote and facilitate indigenous Intellectual Property (IP) Generation
– Encourage, enable and incentivize Transfer of Technologies (ToT)
– To harness economies of scale in Indian Semiconductor and display industry
– Enable cutting-edge research in semiconductors and display industry
– Enable collaborations and partnership programs with national and international agencies
ISM has been working as nodal agency for Schemes approved under Semicon India Programme. The applications were received by ISM and are being appraised by ISM. ISM has also been engaging with various stakeholders of Semiconductors and Display ecosystem to attract the investments in India.